Martin Hromada1, David Řehák2, Pavel Fuchs3, Tomáš Apeltauer4, Petr Hrůza5, Michal Bíl6, Vít Střítecký7
1Tomas Bata University in Zlín, 2VŠB - Technical University of Ostrava, 3Technical University of Liberec, 4Brno University of Technology 5University of Defence, 6Transport Research Centre, 7Technology Platform Energy Security
Annotations of the project
The subject of the project is a research in critical infrastructure (CI), focusing on the dynamic evaluation of a correlation in significant European sectors (energy, transport, and ICT) and their components. A description of the synergic effect of the failure in CI systems and their influence on the prediction of the impact and the determination of the dynamic assessment of critical infrastructure resilience. The practical part of the project is targeted at establishing a scheme for identifying key elements of land transportation CI, CI energy sector, and ICT in the context of their correlation and in relation to emergency preparedness of the territorial units.
The aim of the project
Determining the correlation of selected sectors of critical infrastructure will enable identification and determine factors which have an essential impact on ensuring a minimum level of availability of functions within the specified critical infrastructure subsystems. Determining the correlation of selected sectors of critical infrastructure will enable identification and determine factors which have an essential impact on ensuring a minimum level of availability of functions within the specified critical infrastructure subsystems.
1. Research on correlation of selected significant European sectors of national critical infrastructure.
2. Research on the synergic effect of the failure of critical infrastructure elements and its influence on the implications in terms of effective detection and identification of potential threats in a situational overview.
3. Research and creation of methodical documents for dynamic evaluation of correlations in critical infrastructure in order to analyse and modelling of interdependencies within critical infrastructure.
4. Research and creation of methodical documents of dynamic resilience evaluation of critical infrastructure to meet the needs of improving the protection and resilience of critical infrastructure in terms of potential impact on the system.
5. Research, development, and a creation of methodological and map documents in order to determine system elements of the land transportation critical infrastructure in relation to their correlations, domino, and synergistic effect.
6. Research, development, and a creation of map documents in order to specify key elements of critical infrastructure in electric power engineering sector in the context of their correlations, domino, and synergistic effect.
7. Research, development, and a creation of map documents in order to specify key elements of critical information infrastructure in the context of their correlations, domino, and synergistic effect.
8. Research, development, and a creation of map documents and software solution of identification methods for the weak spots within critical infrastructures and their interfaces and designs to increase their resilience.
9. Integration of the results and creation of methodical materials for complex system of dynamic evaluation of integral resilience of critical infrastructure within a defined territory.
Basic specifications of the project
Duration: 2015 – 2019
Provider: Ministry of the Interior of the CR, Security Research Czech Republic 2015-2020, BV III / 1-VS
Identification Code: VI20152019049
The main results of the project
Oriented methodology on:
The attributes selection of dynamical modelling correlations in critical infrastructure
Dynamic evaluation of resilience in critical infrastructure
The attributes selection of critical infrastructure of the energy sector in the context of their correlations, domino, and synergistic effect
Identification and testing of ground transport elements in critical infrastructure
Identification of the critical elements of information and communication infrastructure
Evaluating of the resilience elements of critical infrastructure in relation to crisis preparedness in territorial units
- Dynamic modelling of correlations in critical infrastructure
- Modelling of correlations, domino and synergistic effect in the energy sector
- Performance testing of critical infrastructure elements in the transport sector
- Evaluation of the robustness of networks and weak edges
Výzkumné zprávy a mapové podklady ve vztahu k:
- Identification of the critical infrastructure elements of the energy sector in the selected area
Identification of the critical infrastructure elements of the land transportation critical infrastructure
- Prediction system of weak spots in critical infrastructure in the selected area
Based on the identification of static and dynamic attributes will be possible to analyse and model the impact of interdependencies to increase the availability and resilience of supply of selected functions. These findings will be the basis for a knowledge-based research of influence and impact of the synergistic effect and the domino effect on the dynamic evaluation of correlation and resilience CI. Fulfilling all the goals will result in dynamic resilience evaluation CI within a defined territory. Its outcome will determine the impacts. Another benefit will be the objective selection of preventive measures to minimize the impact of threats to the selected CI areas in the field of safety, security, and preparedness. The project outputs will be the basis for optimizing the planning process in relation to the procedures and actions in dealing with selected crisis situations and thus plans of crisis readiness of the CI operators. Simultaneously, the project will be the basis for developing and implementing systems that enable to assess the level of correlation in time and integral resilience. This will significantly enhance and complement the current state of the art and the possibility of static evaluation of resilience in favour of dynamic resilience evaluation CI in time.